Roasted butternut squash is so rich and savory, not to mention loaded with nutrients!
It has a very mild squash taste and makes a great side dish.
Simple Roasted Butternut Squash
Write a review
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch chunks (see notes)
- 1-2 T. Olive or coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss squash with oil.
- Spread out in a thin layer on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender and edges are just starting to brown.
- Add more salt and pepper as needed.
How to cut up a butternut squash
- Slice off the top stem and bottom.
- Cut in half where the thinner top portion starts to widen.
- Remove the peeling with a knife or heavy duty peeler.
- Slice in half and scoop out the seeds from the bottom portion.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes.
Grace Goals and Guts https://gracegoalsandguts.com/