This takes a bit longer than many of our recipes, but it’s definitely worth it!
Asian Chicken Salad
Write a review
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 T. honey
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger (add a bit more if you really like ginger!)
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 large chicken breasts, roasted
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. green beans, and/or sugar snap peas
- 1 sweet bell pepper – sliced into 1″ to 2″ pieces
- 1/2 of a 10-oz. bag shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds, optional
For the dressing
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
For the salad
- Cook the chicken. Rub it with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast it at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle, and then shred or cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, blanch the green beans, and/or sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until just crisp-tender. Immediately rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Combine shredded chicken, green beans/snap peas, peppers, and shredded carrots in a large bowl.
- Pour prepared salad dressing over the top. Gently fold to combine.
- Sprinkle the green onions and toasted sesame seeds over the top and season to taste.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the top.
- Can serve room temperature or cold.
- Best if you let the flavors meld for a few hours before serving!
Grace Goals and Guts https://gracegoalsandguts.com/