Over the weekend I wanted to make my spanish rice recipe but didn’t have a main dish to serve it along side. So I decided to make it a little more hearty and eat it as the main dish! I really like how it turned out — flavorful and filling! Plus it’s a little cheaper of a main dish as it is meatless.
Spanish Rice & Black Bean Skillet
Write a review
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 T. jalapeño pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (Mexican style if you can find it)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 T. lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package (~1 cup rice to 2 cups water).
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add onion and hot pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and cumin.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add some shredded chicken or ground beef to make this more hearty.
Grace Goals and Guts http://www.gracegoalsandguts.com/