I made this for my family over Christmas and it was well accepted!
It’s hearty enough to fill you up, yet light enough to leave you feeling great!
Sausage, Potato, & Spinach Soup
Write a review
- 1 pound sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3-4 large potatoes, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook sausage until browned. Make sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cream (optional) just until spinach begins to wilt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Great way to use some homemade bone broth!
Grace Goals and Guts http://gracegoalsandguts.com/