Sometimes I get stuck with my meals and they all start tasting the same.
I wasn’t sure if I’d like the apples and sausage together but it gives the dish a bit of spice and a bit of sweet.
I’ll definitely be making this again. If you want to keep it real simple just cut up the squash (potatoes would work too) and throw it in with the sausage.
The “stuffing” tastes great without the squash so feel free to leave it out.
Sausage & Apple Bowls
Write a review
- 1 lb sausage (ground or links)
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 large apple (or more)
- 2 acorn squash (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut ends off acorn squash, cut in half and scrape out seeds.
- Place on a cookie sheet (so it looks like a bowl). Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is cooking, brown sausage in a large skillet.
- When sausage is about half cooked add the celery, onion, and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are just starting to get tender then add the salt, pepper, rosemary, and apple.
- Continue cooking until apple is slightly tender and heated through.
- Spoon into acorn squash, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional), and serve.
- Can cut up the acorn squash and cook with sausage or use potatoes instead.
Grace Goals and Guts http://gracegoalsandguts.com/