Let’s face it. Sometimes I just want pizza. Unfortunately, pizza from most restaurants does not make me feel very good (nor is it made with all whole foods). Although homemade pizza may seem a little daunting to make, it really isn’t that difficult. This took me about 20 minutes to put together and then 25 minutes to bake. The options for toppings/types of pizza are endless so make your favorite!
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 T yeast
1/2 tsp salt
~1 cup very warm water
Mix ingredients together. Knead for 2-3 minutes (I just kneaded mine in the bowl with my hands…keeps it easy and less messy!).
Let rest in bowl for about 10 minutes. Pat out onto pizza pan. (Makes: 1 crust)
Spread dough with sauce (pizza sauce, pesto, or hummus all work well).
Top with desired toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Browned hamburger with onions, green peppers, olives, and cheese
- Tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella or feta cheese
- Sausage, veggies, and cheese
- Hummus sauce loaded with veggies
- Cooked chicken and veggies with BBQ sauce
- Cooked chicken and veggies with pesto sauce
- BLT pizza
Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.by