You won’t be disappointed with this Italian Chicken with Balsamic Glaze!
It’s pretty simple but looks and tastes fancy!
Italian Chicken with Balsamic Glaze
Write a review
For The Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning (or 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp parsley)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 T of coconut or olive oil
For The Topping
- 4 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 4 T shredded fresh basil or (1 T dried)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 c. shaved parmesan cheese or sliced mozzarella cheese
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic, and salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 6 minutes each side).
- While chicken is cooking, combine the tomatoes, red onion, and basil in a bowl. Season with salt.
- When chicken is almost finished cooking top with tomato basil mixture and cheese (if using).
- Make balsamic glaze, drizzle over chicken, and serve hot.
- Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).
- Try to time the glaze to be finished when the dish is done. If it sits and cools after it thickens it gets too thick. If this happens just heat it back up a bit so you can drizzle it on your chicken.
Grace Goals and Guts http://gracegoalsandguts.com/