I love to cook. I love to bake. Just because I love to cook and bake does not mean I love to spend my life in the kitchen. I’ve decided that some of my favorite meals are skillet meals. They provide a hot, healthy meal (loaded with veggies) in 20-30 minutes and only dirty one pan. Now that, I love! 🙂
Dishes like this one typically use some sort of steak, but I had ground beef on hand and it worked just as good! This recipe is a good change-up for me as I often get stuck in a rut with Mexican-type skillet meals.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 T soy sauce
- 3 T lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or per taste preferences)
- Salt to taste
- Place ground beef in a large skillet.
- Once beef is about halfway cooked, add potatoes, onion, and cabbage.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables start to get tender.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the bacon, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in bacon (if using) and serve hot.
- I've also used ground turkey and shredded/chunked chicken in this recipe.